European Forum Alpbach 2018
General Topic “Diversity & Resilience”
The deadline for scholarships application for the European Forum Alpbach 2018 “Diversity & Resilience” will end on March 31st, 2018!
1. Please check scholarship offerings from Clubs/IGs of the Forum Alpbach Network in your region:
2. If your region is not part of the Forum Alpbach Network check the scholarship programme of the European Forum Alpbach Foundation:
In 2018, the European Forum Alpbach will deal with “Diversity & Resilience“. From August 15th until 31st, around 5,000 people from over 100 countries will once again come to the Tyrolian mountain village of Alpbach to discuss and explore current issues in the interdisciplinary setting of our conference. Once again, we are calling for applications for scholarships which will enable students and recent graduates to participate in this equally fascinating and venerable event. Please find all relevant information below.
Below you will find the preliminary schedule overview. Registrations will start in March.
- August 15 to 21, 2018: Seminar Week and Summer Schools
- August 18 to 19, 2018: Tyrol Days
- August 19 to 21, 2018: Health Symposium
- August 22, 2018: Artists in Discourse*
- August 23 to 25, 2018: Technology Symposium
- August 25 to 28, 2018: Political Symposium
- August 26 to 28, 2018: Legal Symposium
- August 28 to 30, 2018: Economic Symposium
- August 30 to 31, 2018: Financial Market Symposium
* Instead of the Higher Education Symposium a new programme day will take place under the provisional title “Artists in Discourse”. The European Forum Alpbach invites a renowned artist to host a space for a deeper discourse between art/philosophy/literature/society.
The European Forum Alpbach 2018 will give its participants a choice of 16 one-week seminars in a great variety of academic fields. The Alpbach Symposia will approach the topic from a more practice-oriented vantage point. A large number of panel discussions will give you the opportunity to debate the most burning current issues in the fields of healthcare, technology, economics, international politics, spatial planning and financial markets. Summer Schools for European Law and Health Care Policy, as well as a rich cultural programme, complete the agenda.
Our international interdisciplinary conference offers participants the opportunity to enter into discussion with renowned personalities. In a unique atmosphere, experts from politics, business and academia will discuss burning issues of our times with the participants. An extensive social programme gives participants the chance to continue debates outside the conference and seminar rooms. The special nature of the European Forum attracts around 5000 participants to the Tyrolean village of Alpbach every year.
To enable young people to share in this experience, the Forum itself and 36 regional clubs and Initiative Groups (IG) offer scholarships for students and recent graduates.